Well, as of February 26, 2011, you are now known as, Parker the Destroyer... Why?
Lets start with the blinds in the dining room.
One day you were coloring at the kitchen table, like you usually do. I was cleaning the house up and thought you would be fine by yourself. Was I wrong or what. I guess you thought the house needed a little more color, so you took your blue marker and drew on the white blinds with it. The funny thing is, is that you drew a perfect P with your other scribbles. To smart. And if you ever become an artist that should be your signature. Anyway, when I saw it I thought, "Oh no big deal. I will just use the Mr. Clean eraser." Nope that doesn't work on blinds. So we just turned the blinds facing out so that you can't see it. But doing this has actually helped A LOT. It's almost completely bleached it. So the picture below is after a couple months of the sun bleaching it.
It's not the best because the sun bleaching it.
Which leads us to your new name.....
To do this next act you will need:
1) one little girl, who thinks she is grown
2) a bottle of hot pink nail polish
3) semi white carpet
4) two parents who aren't paying attention
The whole family was waking up from a nap so your Dad brought you in bed with us. You got off the bed like you usually do and went into the living room. About five minutes later, you walked back into the room with Boots. Dad looked at her and said, "Oh no." Then went into the living room. And that is where he found your beautiful art work on the carpet. That's when I walked in.... I'm not going to lie. I was pissed! That day was just not a great day, plus PMSing, lordy that was the last thing I needed to see. After a couple hours of calming down, I felt better. You didn't get in trouble at all. (You can thank your Dad for that one) That's not the end though. I left to go get pizza, because after two hours of trying to get it out, it was 9:00 and we were all hungry. While I was gone, you gagged on a piece of chocolate and threw up right next to the nail polish. Yeah. Chocolate isn't the easiest to get out of carpet. Or the best smelling, but the smell might have been the hot dogs. Your Dad said, "It's not a good day for the Reed carpet." All I could do was laugh. I don't know if it was because it was funny or I was high on the cleaning supplies!
the art work.
Dad shampooing the carpet, getting the chocolate out of the carpet.
You did a pretty good job for a one year old!
We are still deciding what we want to do to the carpet. Keep it and wait for you guys to get older... or get hardwood floors. But whatever were decide, we will now have a funny story for a life time. The day Parker decided to paint her nails. Love you.




I LOVE IT!!!! the throw up topped it off! We finally decided about a year ago that nothing we have will remain in nice condition for a long time. Stains and tears and breaks are now to be expected in our house at any given time! Always remember, you can replace whatever is messed up and these make for hilarious memories. :)
ReplyDelete